Monday, July 30, 2012

Bigelow Pomegranate Black Tea

 Okaydee Raidee! First review. Today I am reviewing Bigelow's Pomegranate black tea. They recently were gracious enough to send me a few samples of their teas. So here we go.



Composition 
Black tea, natural apple and pomegranate flavors, soy lecithin, licorice root, hibiscus, rose hips, pomegranate oil, and citric acid.


Dry Visual

The teas are in tea bags so it was somewhat difficult to tell, yet very fine in texture.

Dry Aroma
This tea I found to be extremely "perfumey" not unlike that of a Dr Pepper. This mde me extremely happy as I knew it would be good and strong. 


Flavor

Alright this tea was absolute magic. Im not one for fruity flavors...however this one seemed more candy like. I used two sugars, and I probably shouldnt have because it has it's own sweetness due to the pomegranate oil infusion.Mild astringency.

Liquor

Dark golden red hue

Brewing Time

Reccommended steep 1-2 minutes, I steeped for 4.

Manufacturer
Bigelow Tea Company www.bigelowtea.com

Caffeine

Being a black tea one has to assume caffeine is a factor, although it is not stated on the package that it contains said caffeine.

Special Note
Overall I really enjoyed this tea. I wouldn't recommend pairing it with sweets, though as it is a sweet in itself. 

If you have tried this before and gotten a different experience or would like to share, follow follow follow! Have a great tea time!

No comments:

Post a Comment